BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Anti-Valentine's day!!

Okay, so I know Anti V-day was yesterday, Friday the 13th (wooot) of February. I am indeed late. But oh well. On Anti-V-day, I did some sewing of my dress (for a dance, I'm getting to that) and of my friends that I am altering. I facebooked, and then went shopping at the local mall. For dress shoes. First, we tried Deb, which produced looks of "eeew, slutty" from both me, and my mother. Then we checked Payless. Apparently all the heels were "too high". So, we then headed to Hot Topic, we being me, my mother, my 6 year old sister and my 2 year old brother. I just went in myself, to check out the shoes. They had some that I would wear. I then proceeded by dragging the gang, stroller and all, into the recesses of the incense smelling, cave-looking, hells souvenir shop, as my mother puts it, screamo blaring all the while. Hell, I love that place. But anyway, the gang followed me to the back of the store, my mother trying to edge my sister away from the lingerie, which I'm sure was fascinating. I then pointed out two or three pairs of shoes I liked, my mom pronounced they're heels too high, and I gravitated toward a pair of flats with studs and a skull pattern. Unfortunatly they were not my size. I then continued to look around to see if I could find anything else. My mother and brother and sister headed toward the back wall. If you've ever been in a Hot Topic, you know that they reserve the back wall for the most eccentric and/or horrific of merchandise, usually. This particular Hot Topic had horror action figures, such as Jason, complete with mask and bloody machete, or Freddy Kruger and his hideous face. Needless to say,after observing the back wall and all of its wonders, the six year old decided she wanted to leave, so the gang headed out. I scanned the store a last time, and, realizing that my mother would probably not let me wear any of their shoes, I trudged out after them. We then walked to Target, where only half of the heels were too high, and I got a clutch bag that matches my dress and a pair of black peep toe pumps, that, after some tweaking, I like very much.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I wasn't aware there was an anti V-day... I missed it D:. I hate shopping for dress shoes, because I'd fall in heels and can never find any good flats.

It's been ages since I've been in a Hot Topic, as my Dad seems to think I'd get abducted if I went off on my own (as if someone would actually want me), and he hates the place.

I remember my last trip into a Hot Topic involved me being completely freaked out, being eight and not liking it. At all. I can only imagine what could have happened if I saw that back wall.

Despair said...

Good flats are rare. Lol, I always go with friends to the mall, my parents think I'll get abducted too. Its a good thing you didn't see the back wall...

Andrea said...

I've been looking on the Hot Topic site, but I've yet to find a pair of shoes I like, I need new ones for school. Or pants. But shirts are great. xD

If someone wants a kid I don't see why they don't just adopt or something. =_=

Despair said...

Yea, hot topic has some pretty awesome shirts, and you have to warm up to the shoes.

I guess cause it takes awhile to adopt in the US and maybe the "orphanage" (idk what term to use) Doesn't deem the abductor a fit parent...